Sjogrens syndrome is a disorder of the immune system.
SS - Sjogrens Syndrome
Sjögren's (pronounced Show-grin's) syndrome is a condition that affects parts of the body that produce fluids like tears and spit (saliva).
The most commonly reported symptoms are dry mouth and dry eyes. Women also report a dry vagina which can make sex extremely painful.
DRY MOUTH can lead to:
- Tongue sticking to roof of mouth
- Tooth decay and gum disease
- Problems swallowing and chewing
- Repeated fungal infections otherwise known as Oral Thrush
- Hoarse voice
- Difficulty speaking
- Dry cough
- Swollen salivary glands situated between your jaw and your ear
DRY EYES can lead to: